Let’s keep the baby spinach going!
¾ pound of whole-wheat pasta – I used penne, but any tubular pasta would do
2 cups of fresh baby spinach leaves, loosely packed, divided
3 ounces of goat cheese
3 ounces of cream cheese
1 small garlic clove, cut in small pieces
2 turns of the food processor of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, plus more to sprinkle on top to taste
- Boil the pasta in salted boiling water according to packaging directions.
- Wash and dry well the spinach leaves. Set aside a small bunch aside and chop.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a food processor, add most of the spinach leaves you have not chopped, goat cheese, cream cheese, garlic clove, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pulse a few times until the mixture becomes a light green paste.
- When pasta is done, drain well while reserving about 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Return the pasta to the pot and add the spinach mixture. Mix well so the sauce loosens with the heat of the pasta and pot. Add pasta water little by little to loosen the sauce to a creamy consistency. Add the chopped spinach leaves and the Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Sprinkle more Parmesan cheese on top.
Click here to check out the recipe from Karma Free Cooking’s website.