Farming Apprenticeships & Internships
ECO’s apprenticeships and internships present an immersive, hands-on opportunity to learn about sustainable urban agriculture by working directly with experienced farm staff. In addition, you make a significant contribution to ECO’s programs.
Apprenticeships are for those who’ve demonstrated a long-term commitment to farming. It is a weekly 16-hour commitment. Apprentices receive a weekly CSA bag, in-kind opportunities for workshops, courses and farm visits, and a weekly travel stipend.
Internships are for those who want to get a feel for urban farming without making a huge commitment. It is a weekly 6-hour commitment. Interns are unpaid, but receive in-kind opportunities for workshops, courses, and farm visits.
Both Internships and Apprenticeships run in 2 cycles: a spring/summer season (March-September) and a fall/winter season (September-March).
ECO’s Apprenticeship-Internship Application (Word Format)
ECO’s Apprenticeship-Internship Application (pdf Format)
How to Apply: To learn more about the program, the curriculum, and how to apply, see menu at right or click here.
For additional questions, please email Bladensburg Farm Manager Fred, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Edmonston Farm Manager Deborah, at email@example.com.
PR/ Communications/ Food-Related Marketing Internship
Read the DESCRIPTION for this opportunity. Contact Viviana Lindo, firstname.lastname@example.org, to apply.
Duration of Internship: 4 months, with possibility of extension (expected starting date from late April 2016)
Areas: Communication, E-marketing, Events, and Marketing
Remuneration: A fresh produce bag (CSA) of ECO veggies every other week.
During your internship you will undertake some of the following activities:
- Assist in planning, developing and implementing communication strategies with the communication team.
- Propose and Execute Communication strategies to increase awareness of ECO’s work (through social media, partnerships…)
- Research and approach media channels to promote the ECO and its values
- Write new content for the website and Facebook page highlighting ECO’s different projects (new articles, blogs, social media posts, etc.)
- Prepare a diverse range of informational communications products and marketing and promotional brochures, audio-visual and programs materials.
- Help to maintain ECO City Farm’s website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
- Attend to events and some of our workshops, assist in planning and logistics for events, as needed/requested
- Support ECO City Farms team in other activities as needed