Local, Naturally-grown Vegetables and Herbs
Available All Winter!
Our Winter CSA registration will begin in late summer 2013
Join the Community-Supported Agriculture program offered by ECO City Farms
ECO City Farms’ Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a farm share program that links consumers and local farmers together to share the bounty and risks inherent in farming. The consumer provides the funds needed to farm upfront, and in return, can expect the farmers to supply a bag of fresh produce each week.
ECO City Farms grows vegetables and produce during the winter under greenhouse type structures called hoophouses, and offer a Winter CSA. We are proud of our status as a Certified Naturally Grown farm. The Winter CSA will run from November 2013 to April 2014. The pickup will be at the Town Center Market in Riverdale Park.
This is a 24-week period, of which you pay for 20 weeks. This means the farmers have the flexibility to cancel up to 4 pickups within this timeframe in case of issues with the weather, pests, and holidays. And you will still receive the full amount of produce you paid for. The bags of produce are valued at $20.
What’s In Our Bag?!
A local CSA/farm share reflects what grows well during the season in that region. From our CSA you can expect:
- Salad Greens: Lettuces, Baby Spinach, Baby Arugula, Spicy Mix, Mache/Corn Salad
- Radishes: Cherry Belle and French Breakfast and Purple
- Rainbow Swiss Chard
- Baby Carrots
- Beets: Golden and Candy Stripe
- Pea Shoots
- Chinese Cabbage
- Bok Choi
- Dandelion Greens
- Sweet Potatoes
- Mustard Greens
- Herbs: Parsley, Dill, Cilantro
COSTS AND POLICIES
Standard Price- $420 ($400 plus $20 to offset our reduced-fare shares. Bags are valued at $20 per week)
Reduced-fare Price- $300 You must show documentation that you qualify for government assistance to register at this price. You can pay by the month, which is $60.
Picking Up the Produce
- Pickup is on Thursdays at the Town Center Market, located at 4705 Queensbury Road, Riverdale Park, MD 20737, from 4-7pm
- We will e-mail you a weekly newsletter, which will include any notices of cancelling the next pickup.
- You’ll receive 2 reusable bags. Bring them when you pickup your share so we can exchange them. If you forget your bag, we can provide a new one for a $3 fee.
- If you can’t pickup your share and don’t make arrangements with us ahead of time, we will donate the share to DC Central Kitchen. DCCK turns gleaned food into meals for thousands of at-risk individuals every year, while offering nationally-recognized culinary job training to once homeless and hungry adults.
We are Certified Naturally Grown. This means we pledge:
- To never use harmful synthetic chemicals
- To buy organic seed whenever possible
- To never use Genetically-Modified seeds
All the produce is mainly grown by recycling (composting) food “waste” to feed our soil and plants.
We grow year-round, powered by our hands and other renewable resources (compost, solar, wind, shallow geothermal).
- Each week, we will e-mail you a newsletter that includes a list of whats in the bag, recipes, reflections from different voices of the farm, notices about the CSA, news articles and videos, and more.
CSA Registration Form
_____ Regular Share
_____ Reduced-fare Share
I understand that farming is unpredictable and that weather and pests may affect the size and variety of my share. I trust the farmers to do their best.
We accept cash, checks, MD WIC checks and Paypal (ecocityfarms.org). Send to:
ECO City Farms
6010 Taylor Road
Riverdale Park, MD 20737
For more information, contact Christian at: email@example.com