This recipe was shared with our CSA members on January 5th. I found this recipe on the Kosher Foodies blog. It comes from someone who joined a CSA but had no idea what to do with Mustard Greens, so here’s some inspiration.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
2 bunches mustard greens
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat oil in large skillet and add onions until they are soft, about 7 minutes. Add garlic, cumin seeds and crushed red pepper and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Add greens in batches, stirring until they wilt, about 3 minutes per batch.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until greens are tender, or about 15 minutes (the recipe said 30, but I found that it happened way more quickly than that).
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and mix in vinegar.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Click here to see the blog post with the recipe and pictures.